Monday, March 30, 2009

Prioritize

Well unfortunately for my running i had to prioritize between family, church, school, and running. Some people have running over everything but i wouldn't be able to wake up in the morning knowing that i'm choosing to run over everything else in my life. It doesn't pay bill and probably never will. It won't get me to heaven. It's not going to look at me with sympathy and love me when i need. In fact it does the exact opposite of all three. Its a passion that puts me in debt, puts me through hell, and never has a sympathetic feel...ever. I guess thats why its so appealing and unforgiving at the same time. But, none the less, i had to slow my running down to make sure i was going to break in any other area. Well, now that things seem to be easing up a bit i am picking up my miles as again.
Over the last several weeks there have been several transitions taking place including a back injury that had me crippled for a few days. I was in a lot of pain just walking from one point to another. I got it from chopping wood...holy crap does this mean i am getting old? I will be 30 this july and i am planning to run a race on my b-day again this year. I just want it to be a memorable race.
I had to miss out on the 50 mile race i signed up for. By all accounts, according to Shelly B., it was a beast of a run and had a greater than 50% attrition rate.....woo hoo. I "need" to make sure i prepare for it next year. I will write again soon.
"If you ain't first your last"
Ricky Bobbi

No comments: