Monday, December 15, 2008

Trail Running

My apologies for not posting in a while. I have been running but alot of it has been on treadmills. Today was an increadible break from that. I got to run out on some trails with a good friend and his girl. We were out for about an hour and i have to tell you for Dec it was incredible. It was about 58 degrees! with a light drizzle and some wind. Good lord it was beautiful. Its always nice running with others because it takes your mind off what your doing. Thankfully Matt and Hillary like to talk so i ran very well.
****Hillary challenged me to a race in the summer.......its on.... i just have to pick one.

I was going to wait until Jan to start my big training for the 50 mile run but after todays run i think my body is ready to start. The plan is going to be two races between now and March. The next two are

-The last chance marathon in Feb that takes place in Oh
-50mile run in Va on March 28* (I'm already signed up for this)

Matt talked about pacing me for the last 20 miles which would be great if his little girl ankles can hold up, lol.
I will post again soon, happy trails!

"I am as hard as a diamond in an ice storm"
--Ricky Bobby

No comments: