Monday, January 12, 2009

Miles again

I logged about 30 miles this last week. Not to bad considering. I am still having what i can only describe as a "stiff" pain in my solais'. I think my spelling is correct. I hate running at night in this weather but it looks like i am going to have to in order to get my mileage. I am planning 35 this week. It is time for some new running shoes. The blisters that the brooks glycerins are causing is getting ridiculous. I have tried mole skin but i sweat so much it just ends up sliding across the bottom of my foot and i get more blisters. I have seen several people using duct tape in place of mole skin so i figured i will end up giving that a whirl. Last night i purchased a new pair of Nike Pegasus, again, so while i wait for them to come in i should only have a few more blister days of running remaining. A bit of a strange phenomenon, i have increased my miles and my weight has increased also. I am baffled. Whatever. Its more of a mind game then anything. My clothes fit better but i look at the scale and myself in the mirror and very disappointed. Oh well. Its not always about me, in fact it never should be about me. Success always comes when i take the attention off myself.
On another note my wife and i have decided to run the NYC marathon together. It is going to take place NOV 1 and registration begins in feb. This will be her first marathon and even more exciting is that fact that we are going to do it together. She has already started working hard and i am hoping in a few months she still has the same drive and dedication. She has never run more than six miles at a clip which caused her to feel pretty overwhelmed when you consider 26.2! Ahh well. The feeling after is one you can never put into words. Things are just different.

"If you don't think you can then your not going to"

No comments: